Yep. I have them even though latley I have not been up to par in getting things done. I have my reasons…..reasons mostly being #DBA
- Update master resume.
- Learn more about SEO optimization and implement it on my blog.
- Check on Fall internship dates.
- Order GRE and figure out testing date.
- Master Plan for grad school. More on that later.
- Just keep being positive that I will get through this rough spot.
This made me smile because I know I have both of these but I also know that one won’t work without the other. The proof of this is that I got a Congressional Internship and get to go. It’s a good reminder that you can have all the ideas in the world but without actually putting them to use and using that ambition intelligence will only get you so far.
Now that I finally finished the SheReadsTruth A Fresh Start Bible study I feel more calm. Calm because I know that no matter what I do or how much I fall down from what is right, He will pick me up and give me another chance. No matter what.
And lets just say that giving others the same is something that I need to work on. I am one to hold a grudge or at least get mad and stay mad for longer than most of my family. He wants it all and will take you where you are and will use you.
Right now I am in a period of transition. I know I will not live at home and will eventually get to where I belong but right now is a fresh start a fresh start with my family and making friends and I need to embrace it.
That’s all for now. Cannot wait to start John 1-3 study.
This entire study reminded me of a song which I am forgetting the name of…..
I originally got this idea from Maxie at Iloinspired. I found her blog, and McKenzie Horan’s blog from College Prepster and it could not have been at a better time with me just graduating from college this December and me going back to live at home. Since I am living at home I am in a totally new atmosphere than I am used to at school.
At school I had structure and knew exactly what was going on , which is something I like a lot. I am a very type a controlling person; I like to know what I am doing how I am supposed to do something and stuff. For the past month it has been all about making goals and what I want to do with my life and how I am going to get there.
I have realized one thing though, that if I want to accomplish my goals I have to go outside of my comfort zone. This has come from my parents, #SheReadsTruth and other people in different forms and after I have heard it a couple of times I figure they must be on to something. What that something is other than sounding a little crazy I have still to figure out.
Even though I don’t understand everything doesn’t mean I shouldn’t give it a try.
How I plan to live this year is with a #FreshStart , #JustDoIt and #WhyTheHellNot, #SteppingStones
I have been encountered with lots of opportunities that I need to take although I know I don’t know everything so that I can get to things I want in the long run.
Heres to making #2014 the year of big things.
The way I decided to do my resolutions was to pick major parts of my life that I want to improve upon and then concentrate on one group at a time. This is similar to what CollegePrepster did last year.
1. Confidence- Although I believe that I am pretty dang awesome and know what I am good at; which is politics sometimes I don’t think I am as awesome and I am and second guess my abilities.
2. Networking / Relationships – Given I have just graduated college and am always thinking about the future, this is important because I can use networking to get to know people in my field, which is important, especially in politics, to eventually get a job I want being able to help people.
And I am living in a new place and don’t know anyone. I need to get to know some people here and make some friends.
3. Organization- I thought I wouldn’t be as busy without college, nope, just as busy if not busier between juggling a job, and blogging. I also want to expand my blog so this will be important. I have already started with this given I have been moving into my room at home and working from home.
4. Faith- This is hard for me just because I went from having an AMAZING CHURCH/CC Family at College to knowing no one. I have also had a hard time accepting things in GOD’s time instead of MY TIME. I started doing a SheReadsTruth Bible Study with Carlee and loving it.
I plan on concentrating on one aspect a month and reading books and then implementing ideas from the books.
This is what I am leaning to be my #2014 Mantra……… Its simple and to the point. Sure , I am not doing what I originally planned to do, but I am learning stuff that will help me in the future.
I hope to just take whatever opportunities come my way and learn to make the best of them by changing how I look at them.
That’s all for now. I have a working and organized desk. YAY #LittleThings