- – To write a book: This is a recent addition to my list. Actually am I not even sure of why, I just have on my heart to write a book. Oh and I also have no idea what it is about either. I have some thoughts but I am not sure. Right now though I am trying to get into the habit of writing more; both for others and myself.
- – Travel to Ireland: I am 25% Irish, enough said.
- – Learn how to drive: this one kind of obvious. I have to stop letting fear get in my way. That and making excuses for myself why I haven’t tried in a while. Excuses like I don’t feel good, I cant concentrate when I don’t feel good.
- – Get into Grad School: I want to be able to research for my job and for all the jobs ive looked at , a masters is greatly wanted. So in order to make what matters happen; using public policy to help other people in a positive way, it’s just something I need to do. If I want to help people be able to live more easily with the economy and give those that have rare or orphan diseases a voice in order to help get more research and the money to do so.
- – Live in DC: Another obvious one because if I want to work in public policy on the Hill its where you need to live. Sure I could work on the state of local level but congress is just so interesting to me; I enjoy watching CSPAN for fun.
- – Go to a conference either influencenet, CPAC or some other conference to help me live my dreams: I just recently joined Influencenet and am excited to catch up on my classes and it would be great to be able to meet people who have the same goals as me.
- – Plan a girls weekend
- – Do archery: I used to enjoy when I went to camp as a kid and I also had a knack for it. I have a bow and stuff I just need to get better and gain my strength back.
- – To start riding again and eventually get my own horse……. I know this is a long shot but I love horses and being around them, it makes me so happy. When I ride I feel like I am unstoppable.
- – To read 100 books in a year: I miss challenging myself to read so many books in a year like in school. I started this year a little late but there is always next year. I also have an ever growing to read list.
- – Contentment Challenge
Since my new mantra since graduating is: JUST DO IT , I have been making a lot of lists.Most of these lists have to do with how I am going to get what I want and my brain in the right place……And this is my 101 in 1001. A 1001 days is about 2.75 years so that means having everything done by 9.2017. And it’s a list of everything I have really ever wanted to do so it’s a mixture between a bucket list and goals list. The time frame is perfect long enough to do the bigger things without the pressure of a year …. and short enough to grow with me while I check them off and finish it.
Start: Januray 15 2015
End: September 30 2017
So here they are….. 101 in 1001
So sorry about dropping off the face of the earth lately. I have dropped off the face of the earth because the past three months I have been going through a major health change. I am not going into detail other than I just feel like I got ran over by a truck all the time and have no energy and motivation to do anything, blogging has been no exception.
But the past two days have been one for the books in the good way. I know that for Lent I said I was going to do the #SheReadsTruth Lent study, that was an epic failure. But I have caught up mostly and am to the part about confession and studying. The study that I really enjoyed though was the Jonah study. It spoke to me.
The thing that stuck out the most is the verse which is currently my lockscreen, Jonah 4:4.
And God said , “ Does it do well to be angry?”
And then I finally went to confession for the first time in about 6 months, of course it felt much longer than that though. And after that and hearing something I realized there has been a reason for everything and I believe that finally figured out why I didn’t get the jobs that I wanted or the internships I wanted in DC, it all happened for a reason. If you actually read through this I am impressed and I think I will leave the reasons under wraps for now.
So for now that’s all… I am alive and back to blogging in the month of May in full force. Thank you for all who follow me I seriously don’t think I am that interesting.
Whew. Its been a week. I feel like I always say that though. The past couple of weeks have been a learning experience about what works and what doesn’t. I guess that is part of being a part of new business.
The good news is that through all of this I am learning new skills.
I have just started my grad school search and process. So YAY.
I’ve been given more opportunities to use my skills at my internship so another YAY.
I am just tired and still lacking a routine which is annoying me. I like routines. I like knowing what is going on. It must be the type A in me. I guess if I really want to get my stuff done I just need to organize my time better and just do it.
I was thinking of going to CPAC once I found the great deal from YAL, but then airfare is killing me. So I think that’s a no go for this year. Mostly because I am broke.
Another thing that I have found: when the days aren’t looking that good and I do my SheReadsTruth devotion I feel much better. It’s a nice reminder that we are not in control and that HE has a plan for us. This is not to say we shouldn’t work with what we have and the opportunities we have been given.
That’s it for now.
Hopefully next week I can post some more. Or maybe schedule some posts this weekend. Now time to clean and do some research.
Is hard. Not just because it has apps on it like twitter and stuff but because I do not have the ability to text my friends and right now they are my support / friends because I have still not met a lot of people who live close to me and are my age.
And I also use my phone as my camera. So all through the snow day fun I was not able to get that many pictures. I have some on my sisters computer but I have yet to upload them.
Its been a long week without my phone and makes me realize just how much I am attached to it and use it when I should be in fact talking to people in the room with me.
It feels weird not being completely on top of the news either which is the main reason that I use twitter.
Funny thing was on my #101in1001 list is to go an entire week without my phone. Guess I can mark that one off the list.