|Told ya I have a Tusk In the Sun Obsession. I also have the 2015-2016 agenda.|
-Creature from Jekyll Island: This one has influenced my life because it tells of the creation of the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is not as complicated of a topics as it seems. I just liked it because it shown who the major world changers are and how much power the banks have. If you like History and Politics it’s a great book. I know it’s not a book most people have even heard of and if you have you gain major brownie points with me.
– Too Big To Fail: This made it on the list for the same reasons of above. It shows just how our economy is controlled by a select few and the consequences of that. It is also an HBO Movie which I have seen multiple times and love. It tells just how the US Federal Reserve and US Treasury are not clearly defined in their powers and whom they get their powers from. Because of this it allowed them to increase their power and take steps in order to keep the economy in tack, or so they say.
This is also on the list because during that time my father was a builder and the housing industry was one of the first hit so I actually lived through it. I remember my dad actually yelling at the TV as the banks were falling. He only did that one other time on September 11th.
– Harry Potter Series: It is simple why this is on the list, I grew up with Harry Potter and the golden trio. I was the same age as the movies came out and also about the same age as the characters when the last couple of books came out. He allowed me to see magic in the world and I felt like I was always at home at Hogwarts. I continue to watch the movies, I even watched one last night.
– Make it happen by Lara Casey: I just recently got involved with Influence Network and this is the first book club book I participated in. I had already heard great things about the #powersheets from Bailey and I was excited to use them. I got one set last year but really didn’t use it, or tired and my heart just wasn’t in to it. So I started reading and journaling this book and really got thru to the stuff I had been avoiding. I am now on my first set of #powersheet and in the first month and am already more productive and actually making stuff happen. It really help me to understand not to chase perfect and that taking small actions on your goals really adds up. I plan on posting my October Goals and how I did on September goals. So there you have it. They arent the most convential books but they have left a lasting impression on me and have helped inspire my dreams and goals. S S
- – To write a book: This is a recent addition to my list. Actually am I not even sure of why, I just have on my heart to write a book. Oh and I also have no idea what it is about either. I have some thoughts but I am not sure. Right now though I am trying to get into the habit of writing more; both for others and myself.
- – Travel to Ireland: I am 25% Irish, enough said.
- – Learn how to drive: this one kind of obvious. I have to stop letting fear get in my way. That and making excuses for myself why I haven’t tried in a while. Excuses like I don’t feel good, I cant concentrate when I don’t feel good.
- – Get into Grad School: I want to be able to research for my job and for all the jobs ive looked at , a masters is greatly wanted. So in order to make what matters happen; using public policy to help other people in a positive way, it’s just something I need to do. If I want to help people be able to live more easily with the economy and give those that have rare or orphan diseases a voice in order to help get more research and the money to do so.
- – Live in DC: Another obvious one because if I want to work in public policy on the Hill its where you need to live. Sure I could work on the state of local level but congress is just so interesting to me; I enjoy watching CSPAN for fun.
- – Go to a conference either influencenet, CPAC or some other conference to help me live my dreams: I just recently joined Influencenet and am excited to catch up on my classes and it would be great to be able to meet people who have the same goals as me.
- – Plan a girls weekend
- – Do archery: I used to enjoy when I went to camp as a kid and I also had a knack for it. I have a bow and stuff I just need to get better and gain my strength back.
- – To start riding again and eventually get my own horse……. I know this is a long shot but I love horses and being around them, it makes me so happy. When I ride I feel like I am unstoppable.
- – To read 100 books in a year: I miss challenging myself to read so many books in a year like in school. I started this year a little late but there is always next year. I also have an ever growing to read list.
- – Contentment Challenge
1. Music…….. because it explains my emotions so much better than I can ever. Yes, I actually have them, even though I act like don’t. For that I have my reasons…mostly being what is their use?
2. My education- Lame as that sounds. These past four and half years have taught me so much and I have met some amazing people along way. It has definitely solidified my passion politics. I mean I knew in sophomore year of high school when I took a trip there with my class. And my AP US History teacher who would go on about ATF and ICE…….I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sure, right now I have no idea what my job is going to be after I graduate or my plans after. But I am sure somehow someway I am going to make a difference. Given all the hell I get about the government from my father………..Ill figure out a way. Cause end of story.
3. All my new twitter conservative girls……..who I am not even sure who you all are. basically that convo saved my sanity.
4. Blogging. It has kinda changed my perspective on stuff and made me actually sit down and think, and then write my thoughts logically. That process would be great to happen for any of the papers I am currently writing.
5. Family and Friends – The select few that I have when it comes to friends- I wouldn’t trade them for anything. This kinda goes back to all the awesome people I have met these past four and half years. And for the ones I have known since 7th grade who no matter how long its been since we talked we pick up right where we left off. And even though in these conversations it seems I have all the #awkward stories. #StoryOfMyLife
And family— Well we have our differences and rough patches but I know you only want what is best for me. Wouldn’t trade them for anything either.
This could not describe this semester any better. I am so close to hopefully landing a great internship but the process between applications and my classes is basically got me loosing my mind. Like right now I am currently trying to write something that was due 2 weeks ago( Hopefully when this posts I will have it done).
I love writing I love connecting things but at this point I am to the point of brain dead and in kind of need of a miracle. Between just graduation stuff I am going crazy and I cannot tell you how many times I am on the verge of tears due to stress.
This is comforting because right now I am totally loosing my mind although I am following my heard although I know its not what my parents want but I want……..which is a congressional internship in DC.
These posts have really helped me to realize that no matter how hard it gets I still have things to be thankful for. And more and more often they are not things but people instead. And I know it’s November and now starts the time when everyone remmebers what they are thankful for…….but it should be something we do all the time and not just once a year on Thanksgiving.
1. My friends.
Like tonight me and my one friend are both seniors and both stressed out the max so we both went and got Mexican. It helped. Its good to let loose sometimes and then just come back to things. Like for me writing has been hard I have had writers block to the upteenth millionth degree.
2. My Mom
She always just wants to know I am ok because she knows my tendency to go all into things like everything and then just forget to the basic things like eat and sleep. And in doing so I get myself into trouble in the long run, which is probably what is happening now with this massive migraine and major writers block.
3. This blog even though it only hits like 2 people at this point. I know I am not always on top of posting things, like last week was the perfect example and for that I am sorry. I just want to help as many people as possible. I hope that someone is somehow touched by what I write and that it impacts someone’s life in a positive way. That’s all I really want out of life. To be able to say that I am able to make a difference for the better.
4. The fact that I just found my Nana’s pearls. I had missing them since beginning of the semester and it was driving me crazy. Its just good to have them back them remind me of her and make me feel close to her although she has left us.
5. The fact that people want to adopt and that I was able to be a part of one baby girls life by being part of, second hand of an adoption. (I feel a post coming on about this soon , lol )
6. Blood drives A. That I have the ability to help out with them and B. That my school does them and people are willing to give.
7. Oh and that I FINALLY went to my FIRST ever CR Meeting. Sure I am a little late on that and about to graduate but oh well. The chance to talk to like minded people and people who understand things like watching CSPAN and getting very into the outcome of the government shutdown is such a blessing. Right now I don’t have a lot of people to do that with and its kind of a hard thing for me. Someone would come in handy while I am writing this damn Senior thesis because then I would have someone to bounce ideas off, I found out that really helps and could need all the help I can get because right now I am so behind on that. Like should have had a rough draft Monday, still don’t have one or anything written than my sources.