So I am a little late on doing these, but hey there is nothing magical about January 1st. Thanks , Lara Casey
I have been behind on my powersheets. This is the reason I am still finishing last years.So i haven’t been able to write out new goals but i am staying pretty close to last year. So here we go- no more time procrastinating.
1.Take better care of myself
2. Go to bed and wake up early
3. Do the things I know I should do – take Exjade , CPAP
4. Be more active
5.Drink more Water
3.Pay my insurance monthly
1.Start a young adult group at church
2.Send letters to friends
3.Make “dates” to see friends
1. Have quiet time daily
1.Read 52 Books in a year
3.Blog more often / 3 times a week
4.Learn Photoshop / Coding
5. Go through my clothes and give away/ Poshmark
Best Day in your life, Part One
I am only going to tell you about one although I have 5 I can think of off the top of my head. Ill tell about the rest later, that’s why it says part one.
This is the first because its when my dream came true to have a little sister or brother. My mom had already miscarried once so she is truly a gift. She is the healthy one and I am the sick one, aka the one with all the doctors appointments and health history a mile long. Having a sister is like having a built in friend, its the best although there are lots of times I say I want to kill her. I really dont want to; I just know she is just being a teenager, I know she loves me and she knows I love her. This is a sister appreciation post.
The first one is when my little sister was born, we are 11 years apart
but we are so alike
yet so different
. It is also the best day because before that my mom miscarried and I have always wanted a sister. It’s just not fun to be an only child some times.
Now I have a built in friend, most of the time, someone to share secrets
and watch Disney movies with. She inspires me everyday
and I try
to be a good role model to her.
We have had lots of adventures and I bet we will have many more as we grow up.
Oh and we both love Disney movies, and like Frozen A lot. She is Anna and I am Elsa. Scary thing is the match is prefect for our personalities and portrays just how we feel about each other some times.
My ideal day would first consist of me feeling awesome, this is important because it doesn’t seem to happen very often. #DBAProblems #Spoonie #DBA #IHateNeedlesToo I would then have a slow morning in which I would spend the morning reading and doing Bible Study. I would go outside until lunch and eat outside.
|Recent Family Adventures
|An adventure with my sister to Mayfield Dairy
mmmm , Ice Cream
|Stanford Stadium; Between the Hedges
Then I would love to go somewhere with my family or friends. Another facet of my idea day would be wandering around a bookstore all day and then get coffee or some other type of food and discuss politics with someone who actually knows what is going on in the world.
I would then love to find someone to watch some of Harry Potter movies
with me. I would love to end the day with either ice cream or coffee and hanging out with my family or friends.
This is something that I need to work on. That’s why Thankful Thursday is one of my favorite posts to write. It makes me sit down and think and see that there is always something to be thankful for no matter how small.
And if you are single in this wonderful month of February try to remember that you do have people that love you and care for you no matter if you have a boyfriend or not. AND TRUST ME I KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO WAIT AND WHATNOT.
Is hard. Not just because it has apps on it like twitter and stuff but because I do not have the ability to text my friends and right now they are my support / friends because I have still not met a lot of people who live close to me and are my age.
And I also use my phone as my camera. So all through the snow day fun I was not able to get that many pictures. I have some on my sisters computer but I have yet to upload them.
Its been a long week without my phone and makes me realize just how much I am attached to it and use it when I should be in fact talking to people in the room with me.
It feels weird not being completely on top of the news either which is the main reason that I use twitter.
Funny thing was on my #101in1001 list is to go an entire week without my phone. Guess I can mark that one off the list.
The way I decided to do my resolutions was to pick major parts of my life that I want to improve upon and then concentrate on one group at a time. This is similar to what CollegePrepster did last year.
1. Confidence- Although I believe that I am pretty dang awesome and know what I am good at; which is politics sometimes I don’t think I am as awesome and I am and second guess my abilities.
2. Networking / Relationships – Given I have just graduated college and am always thinking about the future, this is important because I can use networking to get to know people in my field, which is important, especially in politics, to eventually get a job I want being able to help people.
And I am living in a new place and don’t know anyone. I need to get to know some people here and make some friends.
3. Organization- I thought I wouldn’t be as busy without college, nope, just as busy if not busier between juggling a job, and blogging. I also want to expand my blog so this will be important. I have already started with this given I have been moving into my room at home and working from home.
4. Faith- This is hard for me just because I went from having an AMAZING CHURCH/CC Family at College to knowing no one. I have also had a hard time accepting things in GOD’s time instead of MY TIME. I started doing a SheReadsTruth Bible Study with Carlee and loving it.
I plan on concentrating on one aspect a month and reading books and then implementing ideas from the books.
1. Music…….. because it explains my emotions so much better than I can ever. Yes, I actually have them, even though I act like don’t. For that I have my reasons…mostly being what is their use?
2. My education- Lame as that sounds. These past four and half years have taught me so much and I have met some amazing people along way. It has definitely solidified my passion politics. I mean I knew in sophomore year of high school when I took a trip there with my class. And my AP US History teacher who would go on about ATF and ICE…….I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sure, right now I have no idea what my job is going to be after I graduate or my plans after. But I am sure somehow someway I am going to make a difference. Given all the hell I get about the government from my father………..Ill figure out a way. Cause end of story.
3. All my new twitter conservative girls……..who I am not even sure who you all are. basically that convo saved my sanity.
4. Blogging. It has kinda changed my perspective on stuff and made me actually sit down and think, and then write my thoughts logically. That process would be great to happen for any of the papers I am currently writing.
5. Family and Friends – The select few that I have when it comes to friends- I wouldn’t trade them for anything. This kinda goes back to all the awesome people I have met these past four and half years. And for the ones I have known since 7th grade who no matter how long its been since we talked we pick up right where we left off. And even though in these conversations it seems I have all the #awkward stories. #StoryOfMyLife
And family— Well we have our differences and rough patches but I know you only want what is best for me. Wouldn’t trade them for anything either.
ITS THANKSGIVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. So that means time with family. I haven’t gotten to see them a lot this semester. Although I have only been home a day, I’m happy and excited. Us girls are already cooking. I will be after I make these posts. But Thanksgiving means lots of food of which I am thankful and traditions such as the PARADE.
3. Food, Family and Traditions- Mostly Mashed Potatoes, and the PARADE.
Sorry I am slacking on posts.
1. My friends. I feel like this in every post but it has made me realize that I actually have amazing friends. Getting together , even to do little things does amazing things for my mood and my motivation, most of the time. I mean minus last night when I ran into some friends at Chick-Fil-A and ended up going to Improv at the coffee shop. It was the first time I had gone this year and figured… im graduating so yeah. So basically just talking to some for like 5 mins does miracles.
2. My family. They have been relatively understanding about me not going home because if I go I want to spend time with them, and not do homework. And my sister said she missed me and that made me go and look at pictures for an hour and miss her even more.
3. The fact that I had an interview yesterday( I am writing this on friday) whoops.
These posts have really helped me to realize that no matter how hard it gets I still have things to be thankful for. And more and more often they are not things but people instead. And I know it’s November and now starts the time when everyone remmebers what they are thankful for…….but it should be something we do all the time and not just once a year on Thanksgiving.
1. My friends.
Like tonight me and my one friend are both seniors and both stressed out the max so we both went and got Mexican. It helped. Its good to let loose sometimes and then just come back to things. Like for me writing has been hard I have had writers block to the upteenth millionth degree.
2. My Mom
She always just wants to know I am ok because she knows my tendency to go all into things like everything and then just forget to the basic things like eat and sleep. And in doing so I get myself into trouble in the long run, which is probably what is happening now with this massive migraine and major writers block.
3. This blog even though it only hits like 2 people at this point. I know I am not always on top of posting things, like last week was the perfect example and for that I am sorry. I just want to help as many people as possible. I hope that someone is somehow touched by what I write and that it impacts someone’s life in a positive way. That’s all I really want out of life. To be able to say that I am able to make a difference for the better.
4. The fact that I just found my Nana’s pearls. I had missing them since beginning of the semester and it was driving me crazy. Its just good to have them back them remind me of her and make me feel close to her although she has left us.
5. The fact that people want to adopt and that I was able to be a part of one baby girls life by being part of, second hand of an adoption. (I feel a post coming on about this soon , lol )
6. Blood drives A. That I have the ability to help out with them and B. That my school does them and people are willing to give.
7. Oh and that I FINALLY went to my FIRST ever CR Meeting. Sure I am a little late on that and about to graduate but oh well. The chance to talk to like minded people and people who understand things like watching CSPAN and getting very into the outcome of the government shutdown is such a blessing. Right now I don’t have a lot of people to do that with and its kind of a hard thing for me. Someone would come in handy while I am writing this damn Senior thesis because then I would have someone to bounce ideas off, I found out that really helps and could need all the help I can get because right now I am so behind on that. Like should have had a rough draft Monday, still don’t have one or anything written than my sources.