- – To write a book: This is a recent addition to my list. Actually am I not even sure of why, I just have on my heart to write a book. Oh and I also have no idea what it is about either. I have some thoughts but I am not sure. Right now though I am trying to get into the habit of writing more; both for others and myself.
- – Travel to Ireland: I am 25% Irish, enough said.
- – Learn how to drive: this one kind of obvious. I have to stop letting fear get in my way. That and making excuses for myself why I haven’t tried in a while. Excuses like I don’t feel good, I cant concentrate when I don’t feel good.
- – Get into Grad School: I want to be able to research for my job and for all the jobs ive looked at , a masters is greatly wanted. So in order to make what matters happen; using public policy to help other people in a positive way, it’s just something I need to do. If I want to help people be able to live more easily with the economy and give those that have rare or orphan diseases a voice in order to help get more research and the money to do so.
- – Live in DC: Another obvious one because if I want to work in public policy on the Hill its where you need to live. Sure I could work on the state of local level but congress is just so interesting to me; I enjoy watching CSPAN for fun.
- – Go to a conference either influencenet, CPAC or some other conference to help me live my dreams: I just recently joined Influencenet and am excited to catch up on my classes and it would be great to be able to meet people who have the same goals as me.
- – Plan a girls weekend
- – Do archery: I used to enjoy when I went to camp as a kid and I also had a knack for it. I have a bow and stuff I just need to get better and gain my strength back.
- – To start riding again and eventually get my own horse……. I know this is a long shot but I love horses and being around them, it makes me so happy. When I ride I feel like I am unstoppable.
- – To read 100 books in a year: I miss challenging myself to read so many books in a year like in school. I started this year a little late but there is always next year. I also have an ever growing to read list.
- – Contentment Challenge
This is something that I have always struggled with and in the past week it has become more apparent. To me this reminds me to remember who I am is not based on outside influences but it is instead based upon what the Creator of the World, God, thinks and he thinks I am awesome and wants what is best for me. So remember that next time you begin to second guess your worth.
I just love when the flowers start blooming. It came at a particularly good time because it provided just the right amount of hope for me. This year has been hard on me and it has been hard for me to see the good in things. Spring is good for reminding people that because it means that new growth is starting and the earth is coming back to life.
Also its spring when Easter finally happens. Easter in itself is enough to give hope because of my belief in God and what he did. He died, for my sins, in one of the most painful way possible and then he rose from the dead three days later. Its remarkably amazing and gives hope and is really helping me to work through these hard days and that there is something more than just what happens on earth. No matter what we suffer through he is there with us.
Or I have been a bad blogger and not updated in forever.
The past couple of
weeks months has been hard on me, especially health wise. When you have no energy and feel like crap blogging is the least thing on my mind. I have been keeping up though.
I have been doing my internship. Finally decided that I am going to grad school fall 2015.
Currently watching the Harry Potter Marathon on ABC Family and loving it.
I have been just hanging in there. This post is kinda boring sorry. Just work with me while I work on getting better because right now that I my main priority.
Whew. Its been a week. I feel like I always say that though. The past couple of weeks have been a learning experience about what works and what doesn’t. I guess that is part of being a part of new business.
The good news is that through all of this I am learning new skills.
I have just started my grad school search and process. So YAY.
I’ve been given more opportunities to use my skills at my internship so another YAY.
I am just tired and still lacking a routine which is annoying me. I like routines. I like knowing what is going on. It must be the type A in me. I guess if I really want to get my stuff done I just need to organize my time better and just do it.
I was thinking of going to CPAC once I found the great deal from YAL, but then airfare is killing me. So I think that’s a no go for this year. Mostly because I am broke.
Another thing that I have found: when the days aren’t looking that good and I do my SheReadsTruth devotion I feel much better. It’s a nice reminder that we are not in control and that HE has a plan for us. This is not to say we shouldn’t work with what we have and the opportunities we have been given.
That’s it for now.
Hopefully next week I can post some more. Or maybe schedule some posts this weekend. Now time to clean and do some research.
Now that I finally finished the SheReadsTruth A Fresh Start Bible study I feel more calm. Calm because I know that no matter what I do or how much I fall down from what is right, He will pick me up and give me another chance. No matter what.
And lets just say that giving others the same is something that I need to work on. I am one to hold a grudge or at least get mad and stay mad for longer than most of my family. He wants it all and will take you where you are and will use you.
Right now I am in a period of transition. I know I will not live at home and will eventually get to where I belong but right now is a fresh start a fresh start with my family and making friends and I need to embrace it.
That’s all for now. Cannot wait to start John 1-3 study.
This entire study reminded me of a song which I am forgetting the name of…..
I originally got this idea from Maxie at Iloinspired. I found her blog, and McKenzie Horan’s blog from College Prepster and it could not have been at a better time with me just graduating from college this December and me going back to live at home. Since I am living at home I am in a totally new atmosphere than I am used to at school.
At school I had structure and knew exactly what was going on , which is something I like a lot. I am a very type a controlling person; I like to know what I am doing how I am supposed to do something and stuff. For the past month it has been all about making goals and what I want to do with my life and how I am going to get there.
I have realized one thing though, that if I want to accomplish my goals I have to go outside of my comfort zone. This has come from my parents, #SheReadsTruth and other people in different forms and after I have heard it a couple of times I figure they must be on to something. What that something is other than sounding a little crazy I have still to figure out.
Even though I don’t understand everything doesn’t mean I shouldn’t give it a try.
How I plan to live this year is with a #FreshStart , #JustDoIt and #WhyTheHellNot, #SteppingStones
I have been encountered with lots of opportunities that I need to take although I know I don’t know everything so that I can get to things I want in the long run.
Heres to making #2014 the year of big things.