Comments Off on Blogtember Challenge- I’m All Booked
-Creature from Jekyll Island: This one has influenced my life because it tells of the creation of the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is not as complicated of a topics as it seems. I just liked it because it shown who the major world changers are and how much power the banks have. If you like History and Politics it’s a great book. I know it’s not a book most people have even heard of and if you have you gain major brownie points with me.
– Too Big To Fail: This made it on the list for the same reasons of above. It shows just how our economy is controlled by a select few and the consequences of that. It is also an HBO Movie which I have seen multiple times and love. It tells just how the US Federal Reserve and US Treasury are not clearly defined in their powers and whom they get their powers from. Because of this it allowed them to increase their power and take steps in order to keep the economy in tack, or so they say.
This is also on the list because during that time my father was a builder and the housing industry was one of the first hit so I actually lived through it. I remember my dad actually yelling at the TV as the banks were falling. He only did that one other time on September 11th.
– Harry Potter Series: It is simple why this is on the list, I grew up with Harry Potter and the golden trio. I was the same age as the movies came out and also about the same age as the characters when the last couple of books came out. He allowed me to see magic in the world and I felt like I was always at home at Hogwarts. I continue to watch the movies, I even watched one last night. – Make it happen by Lara Casey: I just recently got involved with Influence Network and this is the first book club book I participated in. I had already heard great things about the #powersheets from Bailey and I was excited to use them. I got one set last year but really didn’t use it, or tired and my heart just wasn’t in to it. So I started reading and journaling this book and really got thru to the stuff I had been avoiding. I am now on my first set of #powersheet and in the first month and am already more productive and actually making stuff happen. It really help me to understand not to chase perfect and that taking small actions on your goals really adds up. I plan on posting my October Goals and how I did on September goals. So there you have it. They arent the most convential books but they have left a lasting impression on me and have helped inspire my dreams and goals. S S
Comments Off on Blog-Tember Challenge: Things I am Passionate about
This is an easy question that does not get asked often enough in my opinion. Most of the time people ask what you do for work or what you are studying in college. But without further ado, 1. God 2. Politics 3. Making a difference.
I am passionate about God because I have come to realize he always has a plan and our best interests at heart. He longs to meet us where we are at. And one thing I love about being #Catholic is ADORATION. I love hanging out with Jesus.
Politics is one I bet many people are like “How?” but for me it’s easy. I have always been interested in since high school and ever since I had to live through the 2009 meltdown it has been a large part of my life. I can also watch CSPAN and enjoy it which I have learned is not a skill that many have. I believe I can use it to help people which is the othe
I know these are serious so on other side,
Not serious side I am really passionate about
1.Harry Potter – Because he is what got me reading and what allowed to escape to another world when I needed.
2.Lilly Pulitzer – Well this is more borderline obsessive, I love it because her clothes are bright and cherry and it makes even the worse days seem better when I have Lilly on. The prints are amazing and remind me to be happy. And its nice to save my money for something I know is well made and I know I will get a lot of use out of.
3.Books– This is about the same reason as #1. Im a nerd and I know this and embrace this. My #wishlist has stuff from #thegeekycaldroun and #fandomofthemonth club.
4.Disney – Well how can anyone not like Disney ?? I actually know of some people, these same people believe I am too old for Disney but I believe otherwise.
5.College Football, preferably SEC and UGA.-Once football season starts………….Im a very different person. Go DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About Me, this shouldn’t be hard but it is. The simple common knowledge stuff is I am a 25 yr old college graduate and I still live at home. This is not something I am proud of but it’s the truth. And quite frankly while I have had health problems for the past year it is a blessing in disguise. I currently work at Kohl’s and dreams of going to grad school to earn my Masters so that I can go and work on the Hill. Oh and I graduated with a Political Science BA.
I enjoy reading and writing. I found out in college that I love to research. This is actually what I want to do on the Hill. Right now my life isn’t that interesting because my DBA is acting up. DBA is Diamond Black Fann Anemia, it is really rare and only about 500 people in the US have it. I don’t produce enough red blood cells and they die off early. It’s always been a part of my life but I try to not let it control it. In college I enjoyed helping out at blood drives and getting people to donate. If it weren’t forblood donations I would not be here today.
Oh and I am an also an INTJ/F. I alternate between Judging/Feeling. I’m talking about Myers-Briggs personality types. This is important because I am a girl it makes like a unicorn because in men it is really rare and in women it is even rarer. When I found this out it made me realize why I have always been so weird. Now I love to read about my type on the internet.
So that’s all about me, I hope to get to know my readers better….through this Blog-tember challenge and writing more consistently after this challenge is over.
One|| The App Paper. Its amazing. I found it last week in the midst of the Eric Cantor loss in the VA Primary. Therefore most of my posts are relating that and what caused it because it came to a surprise to most especially those that don’t follow VA politics. I myself was in shock. I just love it because I can use while on Google Chrome and while on my phone. I haven’t had a chance to use it on my phone but the concept is great. Its better than liking posts on twitter and never actually reading them. Two||Eric Cantor loosing his primary. More on this later. Three||This Buzz Feed Article This article explains my relationship with emotions perfectly, as in I would rather they not exist and quit making me talk about them. Yes , I do like you but no I will not smile because it looks like I am not happy. The ones to which I related to the most are: 2-5, 9-12, 16-18, 22. 22 is the best. Elsa is the best. Elsa is me.
The way I decided to do my resolutions was to pick major parts of my life that I want to improve upon and then concentrate on one group at a time. This is similar to what CollegePrepster did last year.
1. Confidence- Although I believe that I am pretty dang awesome and know what I am good at; which is politics sometimes I don’t think I am as awesome and I am and second guess my abilities.
2. Networking / Relationships – Given I have just graduated college and am always thinking about the future, this is important because I can use networking to get to know people in my field, which is important, especially in politics, to eventually get a job I want being able to help people.
And I am living in a new place and don’t know anyone. I need to get to know some people here and make some friends.
3. Organization- I thought I wouldn’t be as busy without college, nope, just as busy if not busier between juggling a job, and blogging. I also want to expand my blog so this will be important. I have already started with this given I have been moving into my room at home and working from home.
4. Faith- This is hard for me just because I went from having an AMAZING CHURCH/CC Family at College to knowing no one. I have also had a hard time accepting things in GOD’s time instead of MY TIME. I started doing a SheReadsTruth Bible Study with Carlee and loving it.
I plan on concentrating on one aspect a month and reading books and then implementing ideas from the books.
1. Music…….. because it explains my emotions so much better than I can ever. Yes, I actually have them, even though I act like don’t. For that I have my reasons…mostly being what is their use?
2. My education- Lame as that sounds. These past four and half years have taught me so much and I have met some amazing people along way. It has definitely solidified my passion politics. I mean I knew in sophomore year of high school when I took a trip there with my class. And my AP US History teacher who would go on about ATF and ICE…….I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sure, right now I have no idea what my job is going to be after I graduate or my plans after. But I am sure somehow someway I am going to make a difference. Given all the hell I get about the government from my father………..Ill figure out a way. Cause end of story.
3. All my new twitter conservative girls……..who I am not even sure who you all are. basically that convo saved my sanity.
4. Blogging. It has kinda changed my perspective on stuff and made me actually sit down and think, and then write my thoughts logically. That process would be great to happen for any of the papers I am currently writing.
5. Family and Friends – The select few that I have when it comes to friends- I wouldn’t trade them for anything. This kinda goes back to all the awesome people I have met these past four and half years. And for the ones I have known since 7th grade who no matter how long its been since we talked we pick up right where we left off. And even though in these conversations it seems I have all the #awkward stories. #StoryOfMyLife
And family— Well we have our differences and rough patches but I know you only want what is best for me. Wouldn’t trade them for anything either.
I am absolutely horrible at it. I am waiting to hear back from so many internships including the one I had the interview for. And I keep checking my email like every hour on the hour. And because I do not like not knowing I keep applying but if given the opportunity I would totally accept the one that seems most promising. What makes it so hard is that basically I have slowly realized over this semester that I have never really wanted anything more. And that I just feel like its where I belong, crazy as that sounds, Washington DC. Until I hear back I have a couple more internships to apply to, two papers to write, a Spanish test to study for………… I have stuff to keep me busy but its so hard when you feel like you are so close to something that you have wanted for ever, or at least until sophomore year of high school. And I have to not get ahead of myself………..it may be a little late for that. I already spent two hours on google maps exploring DC.
I just checked my email again……Its all I have been doing. And I am now waiting to hear back from three different internships. But oddly enough I am really relaxed and feel like i could sleep all weekend, but unfortunately i cannot. I have stuff I need to be doing…..but i keep checking my email. I am not supposed to hear anything till next week.
This is how I feel right now. Like I can barley keep my head above the water but I also feel that all my work will pay off in the end. But right now its all falling apart around me and I am in one big giant mystery of where is my life going. And that maybe just maybe the past three years of hell in various ways will all be worth it and its my turn for stuff to go right. I have applied and not gotten so many jobs in the past three years its getting to me. They were more just filler jobs until I got out of college and now I am applying for what I think I really want and I just want it to work out. Because I am running out of ideas, steam and motivation. So just keep holding on, doing my best with out stressing too much and just wait. As hard as it is that is what I need to do. So here’s to saying some prayers and leaving it all up to God who has a plan that is far better than I could ever imagine.
1. Books and that I can buy them. I recently bought a whole bunch of new books and can not wait to read them. They are Politics related but that’s kinda a given with me. Its my major and I believe what I want to do with my life( that keeps changing but I am set on the politics part)
2. For people believing in me as I apply to internships and do research because its harder than it looks. Yes, we do not have to memorize stuff be have to read and then process and then process that in relation to our thesis and then write an original thought. Its hard. I love it though.
3. Fall Break and finally being able to catch up on some reading and also FINALLY FINALLY apply to internships. Cover Letters get tedious after writing almost the same thing multiple times.
Because well I just go through my days and never really take the time to think about all the awesome stuff I have going for me or the people or opportunities I have presented with:
The retreat that I had two weeks ago. It was with my campus ministry that I am a part of it, it was the annual Fall retreat that I have gone every year since Freshman year and in the process made some great friends and also realized jus how great God is and that he in fact has a plan.
My Roommates; Like I have had roommates in all my other years but we never really got along we just functioned enough to not kill each other. They care about me and worry about me when I get into some of my bad habits; They aren’t that bad but they are just what happens when I get too involved in my work . That’s another post,
Girls Group and how it makes me focus on what is really important. That being no matter what career I pursue or job I land after graduation is that we have a purpose and God is amazing and wants what is best for us. He wants all of his daughters to feel like they are wanted cause they are and He wants us to fall in love with him like he has with us. We should run to him instead of others and just trust in him and fall into his hands and he will protect us and let us rest.
People like Rand Paul, and the Speaker of House……that they are willing to fight for the liberties that our country was founded upon. That we still have some politicians who are fighting for what the founders fought so hard to get and will not back down. ( I am a Political Science Major so I am following the news and CSPAN for the government shut down like its my job cause it kinda is) Disclaimer: These are my thoughts and no one else’s.