|Told ya I have a Tusk In the Sun Obsession. I also have the 2015-2016 agenda.|
-Creature from Jekyll Island: This one has influenced my life because it tells of the creation of the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is not as complicated of a topics as it seems. I just liked it because it shown who the major world changers are and how much power the banks have. If you like History and Politics it’s a great book. I know it’s not a book most people have even heard of and if you have you gain major brownie points with me.
– Too Big To Fail: This made it on the list for the same reasons of above. It shows just how our economy is controlled by a select few and the consequences of that. It is also an HBO Movie which I have seen multiple times and love. It tells just how the US Federal Reserve and US Treasury are not clearly defined in their powers and whom they get their powers from. Because of this it allowed them to increase their power and take steps in order to keep the economy in tack, or so they say.
This is also on the list because during that time my father was a builder and the housing industry was one of the first hit so I actually lived through it. I remember my dad actually yelling at the TV as the banks were falling. He only did that one other time on September 11th.
– Harry Potter Series: It is simple why this is on the list, I grew up with Harry Potter and the golden trio. I was the same age as the movies came out and also about the same age as the characters when the last couple of books came out. He allowed me to see magic in the world and I felt like I was always at home at Hogwarts. I continue to watch the movies, I even watched one last night.
– Make it happen by Lara Casey: I just recently got involved with Influence Network and this is the first book club book I participated in. I had already heard great things about the #powersheets from Bailey and I was excited to use them. I got one set last year but really didn’t use it, or tired and my heart just wasn’t in to it. So I started reading and journaling this book and really got thru to the stuff I had been avoiding. I am now on my first set of #powersheet and in the first month and am already more productive and actually making stuff happen. It really help me to understand not to chase perfect and that taking small actions on your goals really adds up. I plan on posting my October Goals and how I did on September goals. So there you have it. They arent the most convential books but they have left a lasting impression on me and have helped inspire my dreams and goals. S S
Since my new mantra since graduating is: JUST DO IT , I have been making a lot of lists.Most of these lists have to do with how I am going to get what I want and my brain in the right place……And this is my 101 in 1001. A 1001 days is about 2.75 years so that means having everything done by 9.2017. And it’s a list of everything I have really ever wanted to do so it’s a mixture between a bucket list and goals list. The time frame is perfect long enough to do the bigger things without the pressure of a year …. and short enough to grow with me while I check them off and finish it.
Start: Januray 15 2015
End: September 30 2017
So here they are….. 101 in 1001
One|| The App Paper. Its amazing. I found it last week in the midst of the Eric Cantor loss in the VA Primary. Therefore most of my posts are relating that and what caused it because it came to a surprise to most especially those that don’t follow VA politics. I myself was in shock. I just love it because I can use while on Google Chrome and while on my phone. I haven’t had a chance to use it on my phone but the concept is great. Its better than liking posts on twitter and never actually reading them.
Two||Eric Cantor loosing his primary. More on this later.
Three||This Buzz Feed Article
This article explains my relationship with emotions perfectly, as in I would rather they not exist and quit making me talk about them. Yes , I do like you but no I will not smile because it looks like I am not happy. The ones to which I related to the most are: 2-5, 9-12, 16-18, 22. 22 is the best. Elsa is the best. Elsa is me.
Reading: I just finished Hunger Games: Catching Fire for the second time. I just now started This Town and am about to start Happiness and the Art of Zen after it came up so many times while reading The College Prepster.I just took the leap and just bought it on my Kindle, I am really excited to start it and hope that it will help me to see things in a positive light and be able to reposition how I respond to events and how to come back from the negative in a positive way. I also am almost finished with The E-Myth Revisted. It is a great book for those wanting to go into a small business themselves.
Watching: Oh where to begin on this one……. There are just so many good shows going on and do not know which ones to highlight; So ill just start with my ALL TIME FAVORITE show of all time……..NCIS and NCIS LA.
Doing: Lots of planning, actually doing some blogging, Interning at a Representatives District Office, and trying to get back to normal.
Learning: How to set up marketing for small business- Lots and lots of webinars- Html code- how to reposition myself to make the best out of things- where to find motivation when it seems I have lost ALL of mine- to like blogging again- how to write a business plan – how to sew
Whew. Its been a week. I feel like I always say that though. The past couple of weeks have been a learning experience about what works and what doesn’t. I guess that is part of being a part of new business.
The good news is that through all of this I am learning new skills.
I have just started my grad school search and process. So YAY.
I’ve been given more opportunities to use my skills at my internship so another YAY.
I am just tired and still lacking a routine which is annoying me. I like routines. I like knowing what is going on. It must be the type A in me. I guess if I really want to get my stuff done I just need to organize my time better and just do it.
I was thinking of going to CPAC once I found the great deal from YAL, but then airfare is killing me. So I think that’s a no go for this year. Mostly because I am broke.
Another thing that I have found: when the days aren’t looking that good and I do my SheReadsTruth devotion I feel much better. It’s a nice reminder that we are not in control and that HE has a plan for us. This is not to say we shouldn’t work with what we have and the opportunities we have been given.
That’s it for now.
Hopefully next week I can post some more. Or maybe schedule some posts this weekend. Now time to clean and do some research.
This made me smile because I know I have both of these but I also know that one won’t work without the other. The proof of this is that I got a Congressional Internship and get to go. It’s a good reminder that you can have all the ideas in the world but without actually putting them to use and using that ambition intelligence will only get you so far.
In the near future I plan on making some changes to my blog and thought that I would tell you what they were.
- New header and design. This includes a logo!! I’m excited about this one. I also plan on getting business cards with it.
- More Politics. Given Politics is really my passion I plan on writing more about it. Book Reviews and current events mostly.
- More series and more fashion.
- I am also going to post my 101 in 1001 days. I’m excited about this one a lot. Along with a 25 by 25. Its all about goals and making them happen and embracing this new period in my life, being all postgrad and in the real world before I go and get my masters.
- How I keep organized……..
- I would love to do more sponsors and guest posting too. So if you are a company or another blogger and are interested in either of those hit me up.
- Any other ideas? I would love to hear them.