1. This shirt. It’s comfy and making me feel better given I feel like everything is coming down around me.
2.this song that keeps coming up on my iTunes Radio.
3.My pretty campus. I’m gonna miss it when I graduate. Yesterday I was suffering writersblock and just sick of it. So therefore I just took a break and went outside and just enjoyed it.
4. Coffee. I’m pretty sure there is not a week this doesn’t make the list.
5. My mommy and friends getting me through this migraine and writersblock.
Needed while I write the first draft of my Senior Thesis. And the fact that I turned in 5 Congressional Internship Applications and that I still have some more to do and that quite frankly I have no idea where I am going to end up and an am scared to death I will not get a job.
This is a reminder to just chill about my job applications and see what happens. I also have an interview with Disney College Program on Monday. #SoTheresThat
Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I was planning on catching up `yesterday…..on both the blog and in school. Instead I just ended up catching up on sleep and watching Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries all day. #Whoops.
It was needed. I just woke up and went back to sleep and ended up sleeping 13 hours. That is something I never do. Like, EVER. So needless to say I was tired. I am feeling much better and feel like I can take on my to do list. I’ve been so busy lately, I don’t even want to look at my to-do list.
Well I’m gonna start looking and research and be productive till the UGA/ FLA game. Go DAWGS. Its on CBS at 3:30 in case you didn’t know.
Well this just fits. Latley and well always I haven’t been the best prayer person in the world. Now worrying, I got that down to science. But if I have learned anything in the past semester its to worry less and pray as cliché as that sounds.
But in the past month I have had a lot of stuff going on; mostly related to graduating and money and my future. All big things that I seemed like no one else got. I started going to counseling and as you saw in my last post God has been trying to get my attention to just chill do my best and the rest will work out.
That’s what I am doing. And for some odd reason I feel content and not worried. I just finished my #SeniorThesis presentation, yay one thing off my list.
I really hope I can actually live this out. Its hard but really when you have no else to talk to He wants to know. Everything. Let it all out and just let it Go and let God.
I think I finally get it. After a lot of what I call “signs” I get it. I shouldn’t worry about the future because I have a God who already knows how it is going to go and it will end up being better than anything I can imagine. But that’s not to say you shouldn’t work and try your hardest and do everything you can do to make it succeed. But its important to know that you are not in this alone and that no mater what you will end up where you belong and doing what you love, which in my case is politics.
And if those signs weren’t enough I had people try and get me to get it on Tuesday and then it came up on girls group on Friday and then this morning at the Potato Drop with my Church Group and Sorority someone just said how, “ Or maybe it wont happen and you will learn to trust God.” . I guess you can say that is when it hit me.
Because right now I am in the middle of applying to internships in Washington DC and locally to all these really awesome places… and at the same time I am also dealing with health issues that seem to not want to go away and making me feel like crap.
That being said today and yesterday I have truly embraced the thought of be where you are with what you are given and kinda given myself a relaxing / do nothing kind of day because I could really think of not moving due to “ #IHateBeingAGirl” . Which also means bring on the coffee, chocolate, and the Vampire Diaries.
And oddly enough I feel relaxed although I am kinda a typical broke college student and I have a major trip coming up I am going to need some divine intervention for it to work. But in the nearer future I am presenting my #SeniorThesis which I haven’t even began to think about solidly other than having a slight outline.
I feel oddly assured that its all gonna be ok. And I really like the sound of me tapping away on the keys on my keyboard. Just take it all in and enjoy the ride, embrace where you are, what you are doing and who you are with. Because you can never get it back.
1. Friends that care and want to help. The same goes for family. Although they may not be helping in the way you want them to they are trying to and that is all that really matters. This is something I need to remember more. People only worry because they care and you may feel like you don’t need help when in fact you do and most of the times if you just accept it, it will be easier for both you and them.
2. New friends
Friends you kinda knew but never really talked to or eventually come to show they care and only want what is best for you. I guess you can say this goes back to the first one. Friends and family basically make the world a better place to live with and they help you when you need it and help encourage you and want you to do what is best for you. That’s it.
3. That I can say that I am applying to Congressional Internships. It makes me happy because I just feel like I know I am supposed to be in politics and I am on the brink of finally being there.
1. The fact that this small town finally got a Dunkin.I love them and it reminds me of my roots……..Chicago.
Its coffee. Nuff said. I am sure there is nothing that coffee can not cure. Whether it be a bad day , girl stuff, being tired, just one too many things going wrong. It always seems like coffee can make it better. How? I have no idea it just kinda does.
2. It is finally Peacoat and Boots Season. I mean its always boot season for me, but now like everyone else is wearing them too. I just love my boots. Boots are kinda my weakness. I mean I love Sperry’s …..Like they are the best things ever but they don’t give me the confidence that boots do. They are my favorite shoes ever and I have had them for about 10+ years. One cannot go wrong with Ariat.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11118019/?claim=38qew8ngzqm”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
College Prep: And then there was rest.: So…. because I really do like to think of this space as a bit of a personal diary– highlighting lessons rather than the gruesome details….
This is basically me for the past three years and am still not ready to fully admit that i need help and not able to do it on my own. Not only that I am not supposed to have to do it on my own, And i just need to take that leap of faith and just trust. Just trust that God has a plan and that he is in fact my father and loves me more than i can ever imagaine and that he wants what is best for me and his plans are way better than my can ever be. But its the scariest thing in the world, and right now I do not even know where to begin. Actually scratch that I do and that involves me going to sleep and just letting Him take the wheel and let me rest in his plan and in his arms. He has a plan and it will make me the have the most joy and spread the joy in the best possible way. I just need to take the leap. Writing it down on this blog i feel makes me accountable and therefore if its on paper that means in fact i have put a name to it and maybe almost admitted i have a problem. Im just not sure if i am ready to let it go and fall………….
Falling and Faith??? Thoughts.
1. Friends that will listen to me rant….about how guys are idiots, how I am totally scared about my future, Senior Year Stuff in general. And then check up on me because I tell them too. I’m not saying I’m not capable of being an adult its just sometimes I let my bad habits get to me.
2.That I get to see my family on Saturday. I haven’t seen them all semester. I miss them even though I complain about them a lot. I get to see my sister too. Really excited
3. The chance to be able to finish my last semester at college and have the ability to research things I really like. And hopefully land a job that I want and enjoy that uses all my skills and passions.