Am I right, or am I right wearing Lilly always seems to make the days better. For me I always get compliments when I wear my Lilly and it just makes my day. I stumbled upon these Lilly Pulitzer Quotes from http://www.matchbookmag.com and had to share them.
1. “I was a gypsy, living a carefree life of ponies and tennis.”
2. “Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink.”
3. “Style isn’t just about what you wear, it’s about how you live.”
4. “It’s always summer somewhere.”
5. “If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
6. “Being happy never goes out of style.”
7. “I designed collections around whatever struck my fancy … fruits, vegetables, politics, or peacocks!”
8. “I didn’t set out to be unusual or different. I just wanted to do things my way.”
9. “That’s what life is all about: Let’s have a party. Let’s have it tonight.”
10. “Jackie [Kennedy] wore one of my dresses – it was made from kitchen curtain material – and people went crazy.”
And here’s some of my favorite Lilly from this season that is so out of my budget but still it nice to dream.
Santana Sweater Dress
Gretchen Dress $98
This is the Cassie Dress………..I have two. I am in love. It is the most comfy thing ever. I have it in light green and the dark and green stripe. I would do anything for it in the Tusk In the Sun Print. But also any of the colors this season would work too. You just cannot go wrong with this dress. Oh and its $98 on the Lilly Website. I get all/ most of my Lilly on http://www.Ruelala.com or at the endless summer sale.
That’s all I’ll do of my Lilly Wishlist for now. But there is more. That is for another post.
1. Gossip Girl
2. My Lilly Pulitzer Sparkle Bag
3. The fact that I have friends that will come and tell me its gonna be ok and let me rant at 10 at night. And as I’m writing this I am currently in one of my hate guys moments because of being a girl.
If you read any of my blog you have probably heard me mention researching quite often. And you are probably confused that politics can be researched but trust me it can and as a Political Science one get quite good at it and may even come to enjoy it like me.
That being said you are probably wondering what I am actually doing while I “research” , and that is fine. I am used to it my friend was even “ oh now I actually have a clue of what you want you with your life, I never really understood it.”
First I had to figure out what I wanted to research….If you have a running list it is hard to pick just one especially since this is my Senior Thesis I had to enjoy it a lot because I am working on it for three months.
I finally picked out a topic about three weeks later than originally planned. But I have one. I am doing my Senior Thesis on , drum roll , “ Do tax policies have an impact on business?” I personally believe they do but that’s not to say I am not open to learning more about it, which I will do in my Senior Thesis.
Oh and by the way it doesn’t have to be about taxes it can be about just about anything. There is actually a lot to learn about it politics. Its not an area of expertise many have. It is common for me to start talking and people have no idea what I am talking about, and that’s ok.
And after you get a topic you gather your sources. This is the fun part. I thoroughly enjoy this part. One must figure out if it is relevant to your topic and how it relates and then if you can use it.
So that’s all for this “ What the heck do you do all the time” post. I hope it clears things up. Basically I just want to change the world by finding out about how policies impact people and how to make better policies that impact people in positive ways.
So I am a bit of perfectionist. I have to put my best work forward and know that it is my best and that I have done all in my control to make sure it happens.It being whatever I am working on that moment.
But sometimes this causes a problem. A big problem. The problem is that I worry so much about it being perfect I do not even start on it. I am talking about like not even writing down what is in my head running around cause I think its not good enough.
So to counter this I have started just writing and then typing something anything. Its normally not as bad as I think it it or if it bad that is why I edit it. But just writing it down and getting started is the best feeling ever.
This is the technique I have been using in my internship application process because its hard and boring and I don’t want to do it. I would rather be researching for my Senior Thesis or my teacher but I have to get this done if I want to pursue my dreams. So here’s to be jumping the gun and just starting. I have been doing this all weekend and I have actually gotten somewhere, its an awesome feeling to know that you are doing all that you can to pursue your goals and not really letting anything stop you, that includes yourself.
Because when the going gets tough the tough turn to Disney to realize that its all gonna be ok. Sure, it may not seem like it but like every Disney movie out there, it always works out and you get an awesome feeling of I can do this. Cause no matter how old you are , Disney cures all.
They open and close. Sometimes you have to find them, other times you find them and then realize they are in fact closed. The latter just happened. I was all psyched about applying to this internship and because I am graduating in December I cannot do it cause it would give you course credit and whatnot.
So partial fail on my part for not reading it fully. But I have plenty of other internships I can apply to and gain the experience I want. I guess it was kinda of a wakeup call that despite my efforts to avoid Washingtion DC that is where I am going to end up. That’s where all the places I am applying to. Don’t get me wrong I love the city. The politics, the history , the beauty, everything about it makes me love it. The only thing im not too sure about is the cold; I don’t think my little southern self can get used to it.
Well here’s some Monday Motivation for ya. Basically no matter what people say you are awesome and will be able to do awesome and amazing stuff. Thinking and realizing you are in fact “ Awesome” is half the battle in my opinion. But once you get there and realize what you are good at and your passion, You will be awesome and will be able to change the world.
I have been collecting all these quotes pictures and look at them also for motivation. This one seems the most relevant right now.
Basically Do what You Want To Do but don’t get so involved in it that you forget everything else; like family, friends and your health. And do not be afraid to go after big dreams, no matter how much they scare you. I know all about dreams seeming like they are so huge compared to yourself; that’s how I feel right now. Just take things one step at a time and take time to enjoy the small things.
So the name is long, but that’s how I feel lately. I am normally one motivated to do stuff and stay on task and get stuff done. I mean its been the joke all through college that I live in the library. Well I actually dont just to clarify.
All that being said, I am graduating in Decemeber. Talk about mixed emotions, that is probably an entire another post in itself. But basically I am stressed and a lot of the time lacking the motivation to get anything done, no matter how simple. If you follow me on twitter you notice hashtags i use A LOT. These are not limited to: #SrYrProblems #PoliticalScienceMajorProblems
I am also just a go get it type of girl. So this has been totally out of character, yeah I think its safe to say I’m in a little funk. But good news is I am working on getting myself out of it and this is what has worked. At least this week, I like change but at the same time I dislike it.
- Reading blogs. Mostly, The College Prepster. I love her blog she is so down to earth has perfect style and is actually part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. She is like 2 years older than me but seems like she has her life together so much more than me. I can never fail to relate to something on her homepage. #NotEvenSorry
- The Disney Playlist on Spotify. Like its the greatest thing ever. It has the scores of all the great 90’s movies including 101 Dalmatians. 101 Dalmatians is one of my favorites, if not my favorite Disney Movie. Close second is Toy Story.
- Organizing my life. It’s gotten so overwhelming with everything that Senior Year includes. I mean classes, writing my Senior Thesis ( Which I may do a post about because its just been a fun process.), being a research assistant to one of my teachers, staying on top of all my clubs and making sure I am taking care of myself. And a sub note of this is; POST ITS are my savoir. And there shall be a post on that soon also. Which brings me to the next one.
- Blogilates and her song challenges. They are so fun and hardly seem like work. My favorite is the ” Call Me Maybe” Squat Challenge. Basically do one or two of these and it will keep you energized. I forgot how much better exercise makes you feel.
- And of course caffeine substances like coffee and monster.
- A real good motivation lately has been online shopping. Its something I need to stop though. Its just something about new stuff that makes me wanna work. And considering most of the stuff I am ending up buying is just stuff to update my wardrobe and make it more business appropriate, makes it way to easy to reason through it. That being said I have so so many BOWS coming in from various Esty stores and don’t let me loose on RueLaLa when they have anything remotely preppy. I am working on building my foundation per say so its dangerous.