- – To write a book: This is a recent addition to my list. Actually am I not even sure of why, I just have on my heart to write a book. Oh and I also have no idea what it is about either. I have some thoughts but I am not sure. Right now though I am trying to get into the habit of writing more; both for others and myself.
- – Travel to Ireland: I am 25% Irish, enough said.
- – Learn how to drive: this one kind of obvious. I have to stop letting fear get in my way. That and making excuses for myself why I haven’t tried in a while. Excuses like I don’t feel good, I cant concentrate when I don’t feel good.
- – Get into Grad School: I want to be able to research for my job and for all the jobs ive looked at , a masters is greatly wanted. So in order to make what matters happen; using public policy to help other people in a positive way, it’s just something I need to do. If I want to help people be able to live more easily with the economy and give those that have rare or orphan diseases a voice in order to help get more research and the money to do so.
- – Live in DC: Another obvious one because if I want to work in public policy on the Hill its where you need to live. Sure I could work on the state of local level but congress is just so interesting to me; I enjoy watching CSPAN for fun.
- – Go to a conference either influencenet, CPAC or some other conference to help me live my dreams: I just recently joined Influencenet and am excited to catch up on my classes and it would be great to be able to meet people who have the same goals as me.
- – Plan a girls weekend
- – Do archery: I used to enjoy when I went to camp as a kid and I also had a knack for it. I have a bow and stuff I just need to get better and gain my strength back.
- – To start riding again and eventually get my own horse……. I know this is a long shot but I love horses and being around them, it makes me so happy. When I ride I feel like I am unstoppable.
- – To read 100 books in a year: I miss challenging myself to read so many books in a year like in school. I started this year a little late but there is always next year. I also have an ever growing to read list.
- – Contentment Challenge
1. Music…….. because it explains my emotions so much better than I can ever. Yes, I actually have them, even though I act like don’t. For that I have my reasons…mostly being what is their use?
2. My education- Lame as that sounds. These past four and half years have taught me so much and I have met some amazing people along way. It has definitely solidified my passion politics. I mean I knew in sophomore year of high school when I took a trip there with my class. And my AP US History teacher who would go on about ATF and ICE…….I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sure, right now I have no idea what my job is going to be after I graduate or my plans after. But I am sure somehow someway I am going to make a difference. Given all the hell I get about the government from my father………..Ill figure out a way. Cause end of story.
3. All my new twitter conservative girls……..who I am not even sure who you all are. basically that convo saved my sanity.
4. Blogging. It has kinda changed my perspective on stuff and made me actually sit down and think, and then write my thoughts logically. That process would be great to happen for any of the papers I am currently writing.
5. Family and Friends – The select few that I have when it comes to friends- I wouldn’t trade them for anything. This kinda goes back to all the awesome people I have met these past four and half years. And for the ones I have known since 7th grade who no matter how long its been since we talked we pick up right where we left off. And even though in these conversations it seems I have all the #awkward stories. #StoryOfMyLife
And family— Well we have our differences and rough patches but I know you only want what is best for me. Wouldn’t trade them for anything either.
I am absolutely horrible at it. I am waiting to hear back from so many internships including the one I had the interview for. And I keep checking my email like every hour on the hour. And because I do not like not knowing I keep applying but if given the opportunity I would totally accept the one that seems most promising.
What makes it so hard is that basically I have slowly realized over this semester that I have never really wanted anything more. And that I just feel like its where I belong, crazy as that sounds, Washington DC.
Until I hear back I have a couple more internships to apply to, two papers to write, a Spanish test to study for………… I have stuff to keep me busy but its so hard when you feel like you are so close to something that you have wanted for ever, or at least until sophomore year of high school.
And I have to not get ahead of myself………..it may be a little late for that. I already spent two hours on google maps exploring DC.
I just checked my email again……Its all I have been doing. And I am now waiting to hear back from three different internships. But oddly enough I am really relaxed and feel like i could sleep all weekend, but unfortunately i cannot. I have stuff I need to be doing…..but i keep checking my email. I am not supposed to hear anything till next week.
This is harder than I thought it would be.