So the name is long, but that’s how I feel lately. I am normally one motivated to do stuff and stay on task and get stuff done. I mean its been the joke all through college that I live in the library. Well I actually dont just to clarify.
All that being said, I am graduating in Decemeber. Talk about mixed emotions, that is probably an entire another post in itself. But basically I am stressed and a lot of the time lacking the motivation to get anything done, no matter how simple. If you follow me on twitter you notice hashtags i use A LOT. These are not limited to: #SrYrProblems #PoliticalScienceMajorProblems
I am also just a go get it type of girl. So this has been totally out of character, yeah I think its safe to say I’m in a little funk. But good news is I am working on getting myself out of it and this is what has worked. At least this week, I like change but at the same time I dislike it.
- Reading blogs. Mostly, The College Prepster. I love her blog she is so down to earth has perfect style and is actually part of the reason I wanted to start a blog. She is like 2 years older than me but seems like she has her life together so much more than me. I can never fail to relate to something on her homepage. #NotEvenSorry
- The Disney Playlist on Spotify. Like its the greatest thing ever. It has the scores of all the great 90’s movies including 101 Dalmatians. 101 Dalmatians is one of my favorites, if not my favorite Disney Movie. Close second is Toy Story.
- Organizing my life. It’s gotten so overwhelming with everything that Senior Year includes. I mean classes, writing my Senior Thesis ( Which I may do a post about because its just been a fun process.), being a research assistant to one of my teachers, staying on top of all my clubs and making sure I am taking care of myself. And a sub note of this is; POST ITS are my savoir. And there shall be a post on that soon also. Which brings me to the next one.
- Blogilates and her song challenges. They are so fun and hardly seem like work. My favorite is the ” Call Me Maybe” Squat Challenge. Basically do one or two of these and it will keep you energized. I forgot how much better exercise makes you feel.
- And of course caffeine substances like coffee and monster.
- A real good motivation lately has been online shopping. Its something I need to stop though. Its just something about new stuff that makes me wanna work. And considering most of the stuff I am ending up buying is just stuff to update my wardrobe and make it more business appropriate, makes it way to easy to reason through it. That being said I have so so many BOWS coming in from various Esty stores and don’t let me loose on RueLaLa when they have anything remotely preppy. I am working on building my foundation per say so its dangerous.
Its @AmericasSass. I have decided that this is going to be the brand that I show to the world. Its been developing over the past 4 years. I now realize this. I owe this realization to CollegePrepster who is my motivation and person I look up to for so many reasons. She is just awesome. But its my senior year of college and I am going to make the best impression possible online and in person, that’s my new goal. I know I may not have it together all the time, but I am only 23 and do not necessarily have to. So heres to blogging this incredible awesome sometimes scary journey called Senior Year and Life.
I hope to get some standing weekly posts going. I am basically going to become the most organized person ever and get everything done. Cause everything matters in the long run for something. You may not know why but there is a reason. I am coming to realize that. Some people inspire you, others don’t , others make you want to work hard and then others come into your life for a little while, just long enough to change you. Sometimes this is for the better, other times its for the worst. But really its up to you. Really you get out of life what you put into it.
So what are you going to give and how will it affect those around you?
So yeah, I have no written since the summer. Sorry, to whomever actually reads this. So I’ve been in school for three weeks and am just now starting to get back in the groove of things. Its just been a rough beginning of the semester. But anyway, Im now organized and have a plan. If you know anything about me; I love to plan. Sometimes I have a hard time putting that plan into action. But this week I have finally been able to do it and it has been wonderful.
So what I have been up to is:
A. Getting better. Thats a long story im not going into right now.
B. Organizing. This includes my school stuff and my job search stuff.
C. Finally playing catch up on all the school work i missed when i was sick.
So basically I’ve been in survival mode and am ready to get out of it.
Do ya’ll want to see how i stay on top of everything and how I am organized for school. Goal for this semester is to be ready for the real world after i graduate. More on that later.
I think last semester was one of the best ones ever. Even though i had like two blood transfusions and stuff. But its amazing how meeting one person can make you a better person……like I would have not had the , excuse my language , Balls, to some of things I have done lately. Like Messaging this person who has like my dream job to be my mentor, or going straight into the Chamber of Commerce to ask for an internship, or to top it all off…..being able to have the guts to say some of the comebacks I think of to my father. Yeah, that last one has never happened. It feels good.
Point being, just to be able to ask for what you want to complete strangers is a skill and you also never know if you don’t ask. It is good to be upfront with people but its also good to always be yourself. Take ideas from people but always stick to being yourself, becuase…..now its quote time.
Why be a second rate version of anyone else
Be yourself. Because those that matter wont care and those don’t matter are irrelevant.
So when you finally do figure out what the heck you want to do with your life….it hits you like a brick wall. So Ive thought I knew what i wanted but then after a lot of people saying you should do that. Im not saying what is it on here, because I haven’t told a lot of people but I am sure, like calming knowing feeling. Its more than just it fits me perfectly but its more like I feel like I have a chance of doing of it and i havent felt this calm and confident since I knew where my college is located is where i belong, that was second semester freshman year and I have said it multiple times.
And now that I know what I want to do with my life I really want to just get to the living of it part. I also have an idea for my Senior Thesis, that I am going to do even if I cant do it for my Senior Thesis. When I do it I get to use all my skills. I know its gonna be hard and I am probably going to question my sanity at least three times while writing it, but anyway.
Well I am stuck at home this summer and trying to find a job. And its very tiring and what not but what has been getting me through has been my sister. I love her and would do anything for her, no matter how much she annoys me. That’s an entire post in itself. But what i wanted to say is that yesterday I just had it , like leave me the heck alone and let me work, kinda had it, so i went to the pool.
Im not an athlete. I am not a swimmer. But I decided to just swim a few laps. It wore me out and took all my excess energy out and I did not end up blowing up. So yeah.Needless to say I think I found a way to work out that I actually enjoy. I think I shall try to do it everyday and hopefully itll help me get in shape. When I get back to school I dont know what I am going to do. Actually that’s one big giant question mark.
So here’s a confession I really have no idea what to do on this whole job thing. Yes I have perfected my resume, yes i have applied to every job available it seems. And yes I know I am qualified because I know I can be awesome at whatever it is. That being said I just applied to like 6 jobs. They are all like first time jobs and i kinda feel like I should be doing more real world stuff, ok more stuff applicable to my major. And this among other things currently going on inside in my head. Thats all for now. Now its time for Beauty and the Beast because I am Belle, duh.
I need a job. I want one i like. I am ready to have one. Like i know that i will be awesome at it. I am a quick learner. I have no idea what I want to do. I want to go into Politics , that is obvious. I also know that i want to work in state and local poltiics because that way i feel like i am making a difference. Or there is the I can always go into Non-Profits. I am and have always been passionate about service and Girl Scouts. I could always go and talk to the person i know at the DBA foundation and use that as a mentor.
Or I can always get on some campagin. Help. When i get back to school for I am just going to give my resume everywhere and hope and pray. Until then……..I have no idea. I really feel like just like giving all thoughts about all these things happening in politics…
So yeah. Heres to my first post. The next one is probably going to be on Captivating.