|Told ya I have a Tusk In the Sun Obsession. I also have the 2015-2016 agenda.|
I am about to go Typical White GIrl on ya’ll – Fair Warning
My latest obsessions include:
1. Anything Pumpkin Spice #noshame,
I have already had a Pumpkin Spice Blizzard, Dunkin Donuts Munchins , and of course a Starbucks PSL.
2. Lilly. I have a Lilly agenda , and just spend too much money there. #afterpartysale #TuskInTheSun is my favorite print. #patriotic #america
3. getting better while still trying to live my life #spoonie #spoonieProblems #DBA #GiveBlood
4. Game of Thrones: I am reading the books and trying to catch up on the HBO series. Its really good, its just complicated and hard to follow sometimes.
|Oooh Look 2 my latest obsessions in One Picture|
5. Any new fantasy book series I can get my hands on. – This should not be a surprise since the revelation that Harry Potter is one of the four books that has greatly influenced my Life.
6. And also joining in Twitter chats like #fireworkpeople.
7. Oh and Bookbub , it’s a website that shows you kindle books and other online books that are on sale. The most expensive I have seen is like $3.99, for the book lover in me it’s amazing
-Creature from Jekyll Island: This one has influenced my life because it tells of the creation of the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is not as complicated of a topics as it seems. I just liked it because it shown who the major world changers are and how much power the banks have. If you like History and Politics it’s a great book. I know it’s not a book most people have even heard of and if you have you gain major brownie points with me.
– Too Big To Fail: This made it on the list for the same reasons of above. It shows just how our economy is controlled by a select few and the consequences of that. It is also an HBO Movie which I have seen multiple times and love. It tells just how the US Federal Reserve and US Treasury are not clearly defined in their powers and whom they get their powers from. Because of this it allowed them to increase their power and take steps in order to keep the economy in tack, or so they say.
This is also on the list because during that time my father was a builder and the housing industry was one of the first hit so I actually lived through it. I remember my dad actually yelling at the TV as the banks were falling. He only did that one other time on September 11th.
– Harry Potter Series: It is simple why this is on the list, I grew up with Harry Potter and the golden trio. I was the same age as the movies came out and also about the same age as the characters when the last couple of books came out. He allowed me to see magic in the world and I felt like I was always at home at Hogwarts. I continue to watch the movies, I even watched one last night.
– Make it happen by Lara Casey: I just recently got involved with Influence Network and this is the first book club book I participated in. I had already heard great things about the #powersheets from Bailey and I was excited to use them. I got one set last year but really didn’t use it, or tired and my heart just wasn’t in to it. So I started reading and journaling this book and really got thru to the stuff I had been avoiding. I am now on my first set of #powersheet and in the first month and am already more productive and actually making stuff happen. It really help me to understand not to chase perfect and that taking small actions on your goals really adds up. I plan on posting my October Goals and how I did on September goals. So there you have it. They arent the most convential books but they have left a lasting impression on me and have helped inspire my dreams and goals. S S
- – To write a book: This is a recent addition to my list. Actually am I not even sure of why, I just have on my heart to write a book. Oh and I also have no idea what it is about either. I have some thoughts but I am not sure. Right now though I am trying to get into the habit of writing more; both for others and myself.
- – Travel to Ireland: I am 25% Irish, enough said.
- – Learn how to drive: this one kind of obvious. I have to stop letting fear get in my way. That and making excuses for myself why I haven’t tried in a while. Excuses like I don’t feel good, I cant concentrate when I don’t feel good.
- – Get into Grad School: I want to be able to research for my job and for all the jobs ive looked at , a masters is greatly wanted. So in order to make what matters happen; using public policy to help other people in a positive way, it’s just something I need to do. If I want to help people be able to live more easily with the economy and give those that have rare or orphan diseases a voice in order to help get more research and the money to do so.
- – Live in DC: Another obvious one because if I want to work in public policy on the Hill its where you need to live. Sure I could work on the state of local level but congress is just so interesting to me; I enjoy watching CSPAN for fun.
- – Go to a conference either influencenet, CPAC or some other conference to help me live my dreams: I just recently joined Influencenet and am excited to catch up on my classes and it would be great to be able to meet people who have the same goals as me.
- – Plan a girls weekend
- – Do archery: I used to enjoy when I went to camp as a kid and I also had a knack for it. I have a bow and stuff I just need to get better and gain my strength back.
- – To start riding again and eventually get my own horse……. I know this is a long shot but I love horses and being around them, it makes me so happy. When I ride I feel like I am unstoppable.
- – To read 100 books in a year: I miss challenging myself to read so many books in a year like in school. I started this year a little late but there is always next year. I also have an ever growing to read list.
- – Contentment Challenge
My favorite season is probably fall. I like it because it finally starts to cool down in Georgia. And after surviving a hot hot summer its a reward. I love fall because its so much easier to dress, and the wind in your hair is an amazing feeling. I love that boots and jeans are everywhere , and its not just me and my crazy sister still in boots. Sure I can pull off shorts and boots in the summer but its so much easier in the fall. I also love that fall is when you can start to pull out the sweaters and sweatshirts. There is just something about snuggling in a sweatshirt and reading.
The other reason i love fall is that its finally college football season. Which gives me a reason to yell at the tv again, because, depending on how my Dawgs play, it will either be happy or angry yelling. I think i also love fall because it is the beginning to back to school and i have always been that nerd who loves school supplies, and learning in general.
Fall is my season because it also brings pumpkin everything, and apple too. I have always loved fall because that means Thanksgiving. When i was younger we would always go and see my grndparents and my cousins. Its also when my family always go to a corn maze and gets lost. There is always laughter and always ends up being a wonderful experience to look back on.
|A recent #OOTD|