This is something that I have always struggled with and in the past week it has become more apparent. To me this reminds me to remember who I am is not based on outside influences but it is instead based upon what the Creator of the World, God, thinks and he thinks I am awesome and wants what is best for me. So remember that next time you begin to second guess your worth.
I just love when the flowers start blooming. It came at a particularly good time because it provided just the right amount of hope for me. This year has been hard on me and it has been hard for me to see the good in things. Spring is good for reminding people that because it means that new growth is starting and the earth is coming back to life.
Also its spring when Easter finally happens. Easter in itself is enough to give hope because of my belief in God and what he did. He died, for my sins, in one of the most painful way possible and then he rose from the dead three days later. Its remarkably amazing and gives hope and is really helping me to work through these hard days and that there is something more than just what happens on earth. No matter what we suffer through he is there with us.
Reading: I just finished Hunger Games: Catching Fire for the second time. I just now started This Town and am about to start Happiness and the Art of Zen after it came up so many times while reading The College Prepster.I just took the leap and just bought it on my Kindle, I am really excited to start it and hope that it will help me to see things in a positive light and be able to reposition how I respond to events and how to come back from the negative in a positive way. I also am almost finished with The E-Myth Revisted. It is a great book for those wanting to go into a small business themselves.
Watching: Oh where to begin on this one……. There are just so many good shows going on and do not know which ones to highlight; So ill just start with my ALL TIME FAVORITE show of all time……..NCIS and NCIS LA.
Doing: Lots of planning, actually doing some blogging, Interning at a Representatives District Office, and trying to get back to normal.
Learning: How to set up marketing for small business- Lots and lots of webinars- Html code- how to reposition myself to make the best out of things- where to find motivation when it seems I have lost ALL of mine- to like blogging again- how to write a business plan – how to sew
1. Its my sister birthday today and yesterday was my parents Anniversary.
2. Its officially spring time. Que the picture of flowers and spring colors everywhere.
3. I am starting to feel better. I have good days and bad days; like today I am just really tired.
4. I have the ability to do the #SheReadsTruth bible study. The Jonah one really spoke to me.
5. That I have the chance to apply to all these internships and to grad school which I am finally starting.
So sorry about dropping off the face of the earth lately. I have dropped off the face of the earth because the past three months I have been going through a major health change. I am not going into detail other than I just feel like I got ran over by a truck all the time and have no energy and motivation to do anything, blogging has been no exception.
But the past two days have been one for the books in the good way. I know that for Lent I said I was going to do the #SheReadsTruth Lent study, that was an epic failure. But I have caught up mostly and am to the part about confession and studying. The study that I really enjoyed though was the Jonah study. It spoke to me.
The thing that stuck out the most is the verse which is currently my lockscreen, Jonah 4:4.
And God said , “ Does it do well to be angry?”
And then I finally went to confession for the first time in about 6 months, of course it felt much longer than that though. And after that and hearing something I realized there has been a reason for everything and I believe that finally figured out why I didn’t get the jobs that I wanted or the internships I wanted in DC, it all happened for a reason. If you actually read through this I am impressed and I think I will leave the reasons under wraps for now.
So for now that’s all… I am alive and back to blogging in the month of May in full force. Thank you for all who follow me I seriously don’t think I am that interesting.
Yep. I have them even though latley I have not been up to par in getting things done. I have my reasons…..reasons mostly being #DBA
- Update master resume.
- Learn more about SEO optimization and implement it on my blog.
- Check on Fall internship dates.
- Order GRE and figure out testing date.
- Master Plan for grad school. More on that later.
- Just keep being positive that I will get through this rough spot.
Considering I was planning on posting some time in the near future….I thought that I would link up with Carlee at East Coast Girl in Pearls
1. Where is your favorite workspace located? (Library, apartment, dorm room?)
My room or really any place I can spread out and people leave me alone.
2. Do you prefer a sleek desk or you more of an “organized chaos” kind of person?
I am more of an “ organized Chaos” kind of person but I love to spread out though.
3. What is your favorite writing utensil ?
5. Show us your agenda.
Its actually a whole lot fuller this is just the month.Its Lilly of course.
6. Just for fun. What are you most looking forward to in Spring?
Probably wearing Lilly. Yes, generic I know but it’s the truth. Its like impossible to have a bad day in Lilly Though.
Or I have been a bad blogger and not updated in forever.
The past couple of
weeks months has been hard on me, especially health wise. When you have no energy and feel like crap blogging is the least thing on my mind. I have been keeping up though.
I have been doing my internship. Finally decided that I am going to grad school fall 2015.
Currently watching the Harry Potter Marathon on ABC Family and loving it.
I have been just hanging in there. This post is kinda boring sorry. Just work with me while I work on getting better because right now that I my main priority.
Lets just say I was not as productive as i wanted to be. Getting sick really put a wrench in my plans. Lately i have been having a lot of health problems related to DBA. Ill explain DBA in another post. Lets just say it affects all parts of your life and when you go to change stuff it rocks your world
So here were my February Goals:
- Start Grad School Research- Check Now to just continue that and come up with a solid plan and stick to it so that i can apply in the fall. Which means first getting my info so that i can log on to my testing account.
- Write One Political Post a Week- Didn’t happen. I just have to buckle down and do it. Starting with Reading Catching Fire and going into depth on that. Believe it or not there is a lot of politics in that entire series and much of it is applicable to today.
- Write down concrete steps for three major Goals- Yeah, didn’t happen. But now that i am better i have much better motivation and focus for knowing what i want and how to get it. I just need to put my plan into action.
- Get into a routine again- Morning and Night- I was into somewhat of a morning routine. It started with reading the #SheReadsTruth Bible study, but then i got sick and basically didn’t leave the couch for a week.
- Read 2 books- Still reading the same two books i have been. I just need to stop procrastinating and tell my parents that i have stuff i need to get done and get it done.
- Write/ Update my master Resume
- Renew Driver’s License- Didn’t happen. Got sick and then we just busy. Its not like i have a car yet anyway to learn on. That is a whole story in itself.
- Organize my time better- It worked until i got sick.
- Call him back- Never happened and probably never will because my timing is now too late and quite frankly i am scared to death.
Well now thats out of the way time to recommit myself to everything i want to do and embracing this new time in my life.
- Figure out what i am doing/ giving up for Lent and follow through on it. Keep myself accountable.
- Workout at least twice a week. This can include doing blogilates or just walking around the track when my sister at track practice or walking around the neighborhood.
- Get back in some sort of groove. Since college i have lost my groove and it upsets me. It was part of what made me so productive and on the ball. It also helped that i was able to do what i love[ politics] all the time, but its still possible to find it. I just need to find a balance and stick with it and force myself to stick to schedule no matter how much i want to stay in bed and stuff.
- Call GRE to be able to get back on account so that i can go ahead with the process of applying to grad school.
- Blog 3 times a week. Period. No excuses. A political post would be great too but i just need to get in a groove and stick with it. I thrive on sameness if you couldn’t tell.
- Get Southern Girl Essentials up and Running. This includes an Esty shop and Insta account. And figuring out how to accept paypal. This also includes getting my prices set and samples done so i can talk to the people i plan on partnering with ASAP. ASAP as in should have been done a week ago.
- Organize time better. This would make accomplishing everything so much easier. Sticking to plan would help too.
- Organize and plan Grad School search and application process. This also includes writing my master resume and updating my current one.
- Have a meeting with Father regarding starting a young adult group at church.
- Survive until April 1st.
This is oh so relevant in my life right now. New town, new friends, New job new ambitions. I have a tendency to get afraid and just freeze up and not do things I really need to do. Most of the time its because I am scared and do not like asking people for things. But if I want to get anything done on my lists I have to step out of my comfort zone and just do it. I have to want it more than I am afraid of it.